Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Juan Mata completed move to Chelsea

Finally Juan Mata has completed his transfer from Valencia to Chelsea, Mata has signed a five-year contract after Chelsea paid a reported £23.5m for the forward. Mata decision influenced by his team-mate Fernando Torres to move to Stamford Bridge.

"When [Torres] knew they were interested in signing me, he spoke with me and told me that playing abroad could be a very nice step for me," Mata said. "It's a new endeavour in my life, to develop personally and professionally. So I think I took the most logical decision."

The 23-year-old Mata, believes he will suit the style of play favoured by the Chelsea manager, André Villas-Boas. "He said he wanted Chelsea to play more attacking football this season, and that I would be a big part of that," Mata said. But he could make his debut at home to Norwich on Saturday

Mata becomes the third Spaniard to join Chelsea this year, following the £50m purchase of Torres in January and Oriol Romeu, who arrived from Barcelona earlier this month.



Related Post